Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Should I purchase galaxy 5 or is my decision to buy correct

If you are looking to buy a new phone and searching the internet for the best deals, at lowest cost, then this post may actually help you. Presently I am talking about Samsung Galaxy 5, its pros and cons.
The Phone
To be very honest, if you belong to a well-to-do family and have enough money, then purchase some  device as galaxy S, HTC desire or Motorola droid or Nexus One with a 1GHz processor(or you cannot upgrade your android version later). But if you want to give android a try for the first experience, then take my word and purchase it, or if you already have purchased, be proud of yourself.

This phone is perfect one for a price tag of ~9000 rupees in India or <$200(without any contracts). A 600 MHz processor, 2MP camera, fast capacitive touch, nice sound quality and shipping with Android 2.1 Eclair is what I consider enough. For those who are considering buying a samsung galaxy 5, just browse below.

Android 2.1 Eclair
I have compiled a comparison of android vs other platforms. Still you may take it for granted that this version of android is sufficient for an entry level phone. I tell it beforehand that Galaxy 5 CANNOT be upgraded to version 2.3 Gingerbread and above(because it needs a 1GHz) processor, and update for froyo 2.2 is still not available in India. So if you need to have option to upgrade later, better look for another handset though costly.

Summary
So if you have this phone or made mind to buy it, embrace your decision.  I will help you in getting the best apps, games for your device and also write tutorials which are hard to find for G5(hence abbreviated on this site). Because I love my phone, myself and honor my decisions and you should too.

No comments: